Monday, March 12, 2012

Which is nicer: Abruzzo or Calabria?

I plan to attend the summer credit program called Centro Scuola.

I can either go to Abruzzo or Calabria for my course.



If I go to Calabria I would be visiting:

Rome, the Amalfi Coast, Tropea, the city of Vibo Valentia,

Reggio Calabria, Soverato, Paestum, and Taormina (Sicily)



and if I go to Abruzzo I would be visiting:

Pescara, Rome, Florence, Ferrara, Assisi, and Venice



Where would you go?Which is nicer: Abruzzo or Calabria?
Definitely Calabria! Venice and Florence are great but you just can't beat the Amalfi coast, Paestum and Taormina! I haven't been to Vibo Valentia or Soverato so I can't comment on these, same with Pescara and Ferrara.

The problem with Florence and Venice is that they are great for a day or so and then, well, not much to do. You'll be seeing much more of Italy and a greater variety of places with the Calabria program.
i prefer Abruzzo.. i just prefer the culture of middle Italy to Calabria- although Calabria is beautiful in it's own way.



BTW- def. go to Assisi. It's such a great place to see!Which is nicer: Abruzzo or Calabria?
They are both nice in a different way

No comments:

Post a Comment