Monday, March 12, 2012

Travelling Campania?

I'd like to spend a month (or 3 weeks minimum) travelling around this region, especially the Amalfi Coast and a couple of the islands....What do you think would be the minimum amount of 拢拢 Id need to take with me?Travelling Campania?
I'll suggest you to not go there if you are alone... it's not a very safe place!

Ciao! :-)
I am from Campania. I think that the most expensive thing will be the hotel or the place where you would like to sleep, transports are not too expensive, because the region is small and you can see everything. If you want, you can contact me, we could keep in touch, I can suggest whatever you want, because I live in Naples and I was born here, and I love my region!Travelling Campania?
Its probably the best time to come here as its not that hot, hot yes but not the heat that we have in late mid July and August. It's also low season so hotels shouldn't be that expensive. It depends where you want to stay and what you want to do, for example you can find hotels that cost 50 euro a night and the ones that cost 500鈧?a night! you should probably hire a car, if you're brave enough to face the deadly traffic, but public transport is quite good! The youth hostel in Mergellina in Naples is quite good, it's clean and quiet but the curfew is at midnight, if you want you can email me and I can give you all the information you need! my mail is elaineke2002@yahoo.it
I traveled around that region, alone, twice (I'm a twenty-two year old girl). I LOVED the island of Ischia (sooo relaxing and beautiful), Sorrento (good home base for exploring Pompeii and Capri) and Paestum (see Ancient Greek temples without going to Greece- amazing!). I was bored in the actual city of Amalfi. I was robbed in Naples (it wasn't a big deal, someone stole my map when I asked for directions!) and unfortunately I was constantly sexually harassed and offered money for sex in Paestum (it's a small country town). I would say that it's very safe, but dress on the conservative side and hold your head high. I don't speak in British pounds, but if you're planning on staying in hostels I would budget about EUR 75 per day (not including transport TO Italy). You can spend less money if you don't go to the major attractions and only eat take-out pizza... but then you're missing out on half the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment