Monday, March 12, 2012

Naples - is it worth it?

I'll be in Italy for 19 days in May, I'm definitely staying on the Amalfi Coast (Ravello, Positano, Praiano), but I'm wondering whether or not Naples is worth a day trip? I'm tempted to visit, but I'm hesitant about what there would be to do, or see.



What do you think?Naples - is it worth it?
There is a lot in Naples but I don't care to stay there. I prefer Sorento. There is nearly 100% unemployment in Naples; need I say more. But the National Museum, Herculaneum, Pompeii and other places are fabulous. You must see Capri and the Blue Grotto.
The people are great there too. They have a sort of laid back easy going way about them.

Report Abuse

Naples - is it worth it?
Being of Italian descent, and still having family over there I've been to Italy many times and to many places



I say go for it!

Be it Naples, Sorrento, Pompeii, Capri or anywhere in the Bay of Naples area - all worthy of a day trip. See and do as much as you can for you never know if/when you'll return.



Don't just take my word for it - check out the link below for other cities in/around the bay of Napoli.



If you happen to make it to Sorrento, there is a restaurant called O 'Parrucchiano that I really liked.(see the link)



19 days in Italy . . .you will love it.
You will either love or hate Naples.



I myself I am going back to Naples for 3 months. I love Neapolitans, so I guess you know what my answer will be. IT IS SOOOOO worth it!!! =)
Don't stay, just do a day trip. Go to the museum then leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment