Monday, March 12, 2012

Salerno, Italy?

My fiance and I are going to Rome in April, and would like to stay half of the time in Salerno. Any advice on where to stay and what to do? From what I understand it's one of the best places to stay on the Amalfi Coast and not as expensive as some locations like Capri, which would be great too. But I also understand that most of the cities on the Amalfi Coast have access to Capri for day trips by boat. Any info. would be appreciated. Grazie...Ciao!Salerno, Italy?
Beautiful city indeed!!!

I stayed in Salerno and then took the boat over to the other parts of the coast. They have timetables so you can go in the morning and then stay til the last boat, which when I went was around 6pm. Just in time to catch the sunset!!!

There are tons of spots to go to and yes Capri is close by and there are daily boat trips that take you out there. Beautiful island. I did a day trip out there and just wandered around.

As for hotels, I wouldnt know as I stayed at a local hostel that was crap, lol!

But im sure the hotels in the area are beautiful, just too deep for my pockets.

There is a cool cave that you can visit when you go there, that I heard was awesome. I recommand checking out the Cathedral of Salerno.

Also there is a really cool castle on the top of the hill out there called Castello di Arechi. That is worth a look. I didnt get a chance to go up there but I could see it from the docks in Salerno.

Also, Salerno has a long sidewalk to walk on which is a nice spot to watch the sunset!

Enjoy it... esp with your Fiance!! I went solo so it wasnt as romantic for me.



Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment