Friday, March 9, 2012

Can I count on using a US Visa credit card in Italy?

I am going to the Amalfi coast next week. I am wondering how reliable the Visa will be in restaurants, stores, etc. Thanks!Can I count on using a US Visa credit card in Italy?
It has been a few years since I've been to the Amalfi coast, but as of last time I was there, credit cards were usually accepted in the more upscale shops, restaurants, hotels, etc. - but for the truly cool stuff like local crafts, small gelato shops, the restaurants the locals go to, etc., you will need to have some cash. If you use a larger bank here in the US, they may have an agreement with a European bank for reduced ATM fees, but I would still recommend bringing some cash with you, since ATMs are not nearly as omnipresent in Italy (especially that part) as they are here - there might be two or three in a town, as opposed to two or three on every corner. It doesn't need to be millions, but enough that you won't be stuck when you first get there and you're tired and jet lagged. Have a great trip!
Very reliable! a Visa card is a Vis card, where ever you are!Can I count on using a US Visa credit card in Italy?
Without a doubt. visa is as good as gold.
you are all set
Definitely! Having just come back from Italy last summer, I can safely say that Italy *does* accept Visas. AMEX is also widely accepted, but I don't know about mastercard... Also, your debit card from Wachovia or Bank of America should work in their "bancomat," or ATMs.
Probably. It worked when i went to China a few months ago, and I think it works all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment