Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Where should I go for vacation in Italy?

I am Canadian of Italian descent and I speak fluent Italian. I am a 35 y/o guy and have been to Italy many times where I have been to Milan, Turin, Rome, Amalfi Coast, Isle of Capri, Pompeii, Abruzzo (this is where my family is from and I have relatives there).

I am planning to go back again this year most likely in July or August and I want some input as to where I should go.

What do you suggest?Where should I go for vacation in Italy?
Highly recommended that you spend some days in the North West - Liguria area. You have the sea at San Remo/Bordaghera (both nice) and from there you can make your way up the hills and into the valleys where you will find the warmest welcomes. It will, as you know, be very hot at sea level but up the hills in the surrounding areas it will be quite comfortable. Some beautiful hilltop villages to see and explore - Seborga, Perinaldo and especially Aprilcali. If you go to my blog 360 you will find some nice photographs and stories mixed in. Great people, great scenery, great food and overall, a great area...
Disagree strongly with the other posters. Stick with Abruzzo. It has the sea, the mountains, cibo fantastico and the nicest people in the world. No need to travel further.

http://abruzzovillas.com

Report Abuse

Where should I go for vacation in Italy?
Tuscany.For its landscapes and its artistic legacy, Tuscany is considered the most beautiful region in Italy.
Try Sicily
The whole country is beaufitul.....avoid going to Naples if all possible...
ti manca tutto il veneto! fai un tour del veneto : venezia , verona , padova , il lago di garda. Non te ne pentirai!
Portofino
Hop on Ryan air in Rome over to Olbia...Rent a car and drive out to Palau...Take the ferry over to Lamaddalena....Lay on the beach all day and then get dinner at Laragosta's..or any of the ristorante's on the island....Gelato at Gelatissimo and Caffe and Charlie bar....There are quite a few hotels close to the Piazza Umberto...We lived over there for two years....Awesome place!!
Hi,



Try one of the off-tourist tracks?



Like Apulia or Calabria.

My wife and I have stayed there for our last summer vacations and loved it very much.



The seafood there is just superb.

The people are also much more open and not as fed up of tourists as in the mid and northern part.



Have a look at this article archive to get some more info:

http://www.italyexposed.com/Article_arch鈥?/a>



PS!

Second article from the top.



Hope this was useful!
Florence! Lovely town. And good rail service to the surrounding towns.
I suggest Rimini where you'd enjoy the beach and weather.
I agree- If you have been to Italy so many times without seeing VENICE, you MUST go! It is BEAUTIFUL! I stayed in a 4 star hotel on an Island right next to Venice and it was wonderful! (AND Cheaper than expected!)
just walk around and find a place, it's more spontanious that way
Venice
go to venice and theres this other place its like a marble quary I saw it on tv its like near parma
Portofino is beautiful! Deffinately put that on your list! It's great there!
back to sorrento!

buon viaggio
Try Tuscany near Florence. Was there last year. LOVELY area.
You're LUCKYYYYY! I always dreamt of going to Italy with a special someone. Now when I have someone special in my life.. guess what? we're broke..hahahaha. I think the company is more important than the place and revisiting the places with someone special or new.. you'll see them differrently... try to enjoy the sun since you live in a cold country
It sounds like you've been everywhere on the mainland worth seeing! Try Sicily. It's lovely there. My mom is from Sicily, and I actually prefer it over mainland Italy! I've been twice.



Taormina is beautiful. It reminds me of Amalfi/Positano.... lots of wonderful architecture and ruins. It's on the eastern coast.



Or you could do the western coast and visit Marsala (yummy wine!), Selinunte (some ruins), Agrigento (more ruins)... there are also some beautiful islands off the coast of Marsala (Favignana was my favorite).



If you just want to go somewhere to catch some sun and relax, the beaches in Sicily are amazing. And if you're single, the girls are cute too. ;)
Lucca. Its a beautiful walled city in Tuscany about 25 mintues drive from Pisa and Viareggio(on the coast).. If you stay in the walled city you have to walk everywhere, but the shoppingis fantastic. Via Del Fillilungo is the best. While I was there I saw Jerry Seinfeld , Elton John, and Naomi Campbell. Great spot in and of itself, but it is near some of the very best spots in Itally (although there are a lot)- that is to say Florence, Rome (2-3 hours away), Cinque Terra, Siena. I reccomend it to anyone travelling there. I've visited there twice and the next time I go, I'll stay there again.
Venice or Florence!
Avoid Naples.. Rome and the Isle of Capri are nice.

Pompeii I guess if your into history, Its nice when you have relations they can help you avoid all the tourist traps :)

Its worth a look see at Vatican City the museums are incredible!
My husband and I go to Capri every year, and we absolutely love it. If you go, stay at the Punta Tragara. A day trip to Axel Munthe's house on AnaCapri is a must.
VENEZIA (non si pu貌 vivere senza averla vista, 猫 una citt脿 unica!!!), SIENA, S.GIMIGNANO (il pi霉 bel paese medievale d'Italia), PORTOFINO, CAPRI %26amp; COSTIERA AMALFITANA!

No comments:

Post a Comment