Monday, March 12, 2012

Garda and Como lakes, Italy?

We are thinking of going to one of the Italian Lakes, Garda or Como. If you've been to both or just to one of them, could you give us some highlight on the aria? We have a few questions, but if it's too many, you are welcome to answer just one or two.

Which lake has more to offer? (surroundings, things to do)

How warm and clean are they? (somebody mentioned in the review that locals don't like swimming there, because the water is dirty, but both lakes look pretty clean and beautiful on the pictures)

Are they too crowded with tourists?

Which one is more expensive, and actually, how expensive are they compare to the famous Amalfi coast for example?

How long would you stay there?

What the weather is like in early June?



Thanks all so much!

Have a wonderful day!Garda and Como lakes, Italy?
Hi, I'm Italian and I've been to both but I know better Garda as I've been there 3 times and only once to Como.

Both lakes are very beautiful but Garda is bigger and offers more. There are lots of nice, small villages on the lake and you can also visit some cities like Verona or Mantova which are nice. It's also easier to rent a car and drive around the lake.

I remember that Garda was always overcrowded with tourists but I think that it may be less expensive than Como but not that much And anyway I'm not sure about it.. Surely It depends on where you decide to stay. You should avoid the south ( Desenzano and Peschiera) and the north ( Riva del Garda) which are the most expensive bur also the most lively. The water of Garda is clean more or less everywhere so you can swim. The weather is probably a bit better at Garda, especially the south. I guess that both are less expensive than Amalfi coast but I've never been there.

Even if I prefer Como lake for the atmosphere I advise you Garda 'cause there are more things to do and see. I heard there is a company which organizes a two-day trip to Como from Garda combining bus and ferry boat but I don't know the name. So, if you spend a week at Garda you can see both. In addition Venice is not that far from Garda

Have a nice staying



P.S. If you go to venere.com you can have an idea of how expensive are the hotels on the lakesGarda and Como lakes, Italy?
Como Lake is wonderful, the villages are very nice, Bellagio is my favourite one. It's a little less expensive than Amalfi Coast.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenyai/1551鈥?/a>

http://www.flickr.com/photos/supermaro/4鈥?/a>

Garda Lake is nice, but it's not as beautiful as Como Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment