Friday, March 9, 2012

Where should I live in the Italian coast?

I am about to graduate from college and want to live in Italy for a few months (maybe June-August) after graduation just to experience the place since I have only been to Europe once. I'd like to live on the coast with the typical warm sunny Mediterranean climate, in a medium size city that has lots of outdoors activities (hiking etc.) nearby. Any recommendations?



Cities I am considering: Naples, Salerno on the Amalfi coast, or somewhere on the Adriatic coast.



Also I do not speak Italian at all.. Thanks very much.Where should I live in the Italian coast?
Maybe Pescara? I wouldn't go to the northern Adriatic, very touristy in the summer and no universities.



I agree with not going to Naples or Salerno. Genova (or Liguria in general) would be nice to spend the summer.
Going to Italy for a few months without knowing the language could turn a very pleasant experience into a very frustrating one if you can't communicate well with the locals.

I suggest you to sign up for a summer Italian language course at one of the many schools and universities in Italy. Some of them are located near the coast, and in this way you could have learning and leisure at the same time.

Contact the nearest Italian consulate for a list of language schools who offer summer courses.Where should I live in the Italian coast?
yeah, do not go to Naples or Salerno; I think Amalfi cost is expensive.

On the adriatic cost I suggest my region: Marche; you can settle in Ancona or Senigallia (and then you can also move to the near small cities/villages to do more hikes)

We have different types of public university... If you're interested in music remember that in this region there is an open-air theatre (in Macerata) and the Summer Jamboree (in Senigallia)



some links:

http://www.turismo.marche.it/it/Home/tab鈥?/a> (in italian)

http://www.le-marche.com/ (in english)



from youtube:

the marvellous beaches of Ancona: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eERJsvdlp鈥?/a> (in english)



the region http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN6FPg9q3鈥?/a> (in english)



this is Dustin Hoffman's advertisement: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvide鈥?/a>



if you want more informations send me an email... :D
Do NOT go anywhere NEAR Naples. Rampant crime, pollution, etc. Read the book or see the film "Gomorrah" before you even consider the Naples area.



Liguria on the NW coast is quite nice. Don't know anything about the Adriatic coast.
Cinque Terra
  • mediterranean diet recipes
  • carrabas
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment