Friday, February 24, 2012

My husband and I are traveling to Italy this summer. Which is better to visit: Cinque Terre or Amalfi Coast?

We have about 4 days of our trip to devote to one of these areas. We are looking for a place to relax, but also see some sights. Thanks!My husband and I are traveling to Italy this summer. Which is better to visit: Cinque Terre or Amalfi Coast?
Better is really a personal judgement. The two have some similarities, but offer different experiences. I like them both, but go to Cinque Terre more often only because it's closer to where I live in northern Italy.



Cinque Terre is a great place to hike the trails and enjoy the small towns. For relaxation, it's a good spot. If you go, you can get a day ticket for the train system that's cheap, but traveling between the towns on foot or by boat is much more scenic - most of the train route is through tunnels.



In Amalfi, there are more varied activities/sites close by (Pompeii, Capri, Vesuvius, Sorrento) and more shopping. Amalfi is more spread out, you'll need to take advantage of public transportation unless you have a car. If you do drive on the Amalfi Coast, just remind yourself that people pay big bucks to go to Disney for rides that are far less thrilling (or scenic).



Where else are you going on your trip? One or the other of these may fit in better geographically with the rest of your itenerary.
OMG...Cinque Terre is beautiful!!! But so is the Amalfi Coast...



Cinque Terre has a colorful history, wonderful people, very laid back, and has coastal front beaches!



Amalfi is just a bay really...but the water is just beautiful. The area's a bit overcrowded, but the area's busy.



I'd say go to both! 2 days a piece, more than enough time!My husband and I are traveling to Italy this summer. Which is better to visit: Cinque Terre or Amalfi Coast?
I've never been to either and i've been in and oput of Italy for nearly 30 years.

I would go to Cinque Terre if I needed to relax. The idea of being in the Amalfi area doesn't bring to my mind peace and quiet.
La costiera Amalfitana is wonderful.In the same time you ll have the opportunity not only to visit Naples who is so beautiful, but also Pompey the famous ''dead''city
I'm italian, ilive in the north italy.. i use to spend the summer holiday in the "cinque terre"... %26gt;%26gt;

-manarola

-vernazza

-monterosso

-corniglia

-riomaggiore..

i advice to visit them... they're really beautiful...

have fun..!

ciao
Amalfi Coast, everyone raves about it over here.

I visited last summer, very beautiful.
Cinque Terre
I think you sould visit both of them.
Hi,

since both have amazing sights and reveal, each on its way, the "spirit" of Italy, you should make your choice using other criterias. Even though summer season is not the best time to relax in those places (they might appear crowdy and chaotic), you could find luxury places of relax as very high quality hotels and private "villas". Hence, you should be prepared to high rates too. Remember that Amalfi coast in particular is one of the favorite places of VIPs.
they are two famous tourist resort to visit.

if you will visit of the cities in the Italy north you are neighbor to CINQUE TERRE

if you will visit of the cities in the center - south Italy the Amalfi Coast goes well.

I am Italian, welcomes in Italy!

bechi



- sorry for my English
have you ever tought about Capri? You would never wanted to leave. Try www.capri.net

No comments:

Post a Comment