Friday, February 24, 2012

Recommendations for a trip to Naples/Amalfi Coast?

I'm traveling to Naples and the Amalfi Coast in October. I hope to visit Ercolano/Pompeii, Capri, the amalfi coast and Paestum. Any tips/recommendations for my trip?Recommendations for a trip to Naples/Amalfi Coast?
pizza parlours
I honeymooned on the Amalfi Coast last summer and agreed with my wife that Positano was the highlight. We took a boat to Amalfi, hung out a little, which was pretty good, then took a cab to the mountain town of Ravello for the most fantastic dinner at the Palazzo Sasso on a rail overlooking the most spectacular view I've ever seen. We also took a day trip to Capri, and the Blue Grotto, which was fantastic. (TIP: buy some perfume at Carthusia, their homegrown fragrance company). Let me tell you, this Amalfi Coast is your place. But you have to be in good shape, because you'll be going up and down stairs like crazy! Positano isn't called "The Vertical City" for nothing! Wow.Recommendations for a trip to Naples/Amalfi Coast?
Having just returned from a ten day Mediterranean cruise, and having visited Naples, I highly recommend booking a day trip of the Amalfi coast through www.amalficoastdrivers.com. Check out the website. I found it on www.tripadvisor.com with very high reviews. My family, consisting of a 7 year old, two teenagers, father, mother, and two grandparents (one with a bad knee), found that our driver, Carmine, accommodated to our needs more than expected. The breathtaking landscape of the Amalfi Coast was showed to us while driving in a luxurious Mercedes van blaring Italian music. Carmine's attitude was infectious as he proudly explained every aspect of his home land. I cannot vouch for their other tours, but as for touring the Amalfi coast, there is no doubt in my mind which tour you should choose. www.amalficoastdrivers.com
Don't drive yourself in a car along the Amalfi coastline. It's hectic and you will be worried about damage to the car. Either use a motorcycle/scooter or be driven (e.g. on a tour bus).
Stop off in Positano, it's amazing. Bring good walking shoes though.

No comments:

Post a Comment