Friday, February 24, 2012

If I want to visit the Amalfi Coast (Italy), What is the nearest City I should stay?

I am visting Florene and Rome for several days

Then want to visit the Amalfi Coast.

Should I stay in Positano or Naples? I will be there for 2 nights totalIf I want to visit the Amalfi Coast (Italy), What is the nearest City I should stay?
The bigger city on the Amalfi coast is Salerno, which is by itself a very interesting city to visit; Salerno is also very easy to reach by train from Rome, it's after Naples.
Naples itself is not on the Amalfi coast.
It depends on what you want to spend. If you want to spend lots of money stay in positano that is absolutely the best village of costiera. Otherwise you can lodge in Salerno that is the biggest city nearby. There the prizes are lower but you have to take the train or the bus to go to Costiera Amalfitana... It's not a confortable street full of curves, amazing panorama but curves curves curves... You'll spend less in Salerno but you gotta go thougut this kind of street that are safe but unconfortable.If I want to visit the Amalfi Coast (Italy), What is the nearest City I should stay?
I live in Salerno and would advise you to stay in one of the villages of the Amalfi coast, though hotels are not very cheap

Salerno is the nearest city(cheaper hotels and frequent bus services to the Amalfi coast during the day) but other small towns or villages like Vietri, Cetara, Minori. Maiori, AMALFI, o Positano are appealing, picturesque and an experience to live. The real problem is you are staying for only two days with us , so I think you'll have to come again or have loger holidays here
Don't stay in Naples. Stay in Sorrento.
Positano is lovely very busy though, better than Naples.
sorrento is the absolutly the nearest city!

No comments:

Post a Comment